Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is there any other treatment for Uterine Fibroma except surgery ?

Hello, I am 28 years old and I have been diagnosed with a 5,71/ 5,05 cm intramural uterine fibroma . I have no other symptoms, but both gynecologists that have examined me recomended myomectomy. I don t have a desire to have children, but I want to keep my uterus and , if possible, avoid having an invasive surgery . What are my other options? I don t trust UFE. Should i treat it if I have no symptoms?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
well going for surgery at the age of 28 is a matter of concern both for the patient and the doctor.
Now fibroids occur as a matter of dominance of estrogen.Ther are compounds which deactivate estradiole,these are INDOLE-3 is a derivative of Brussel sprouts,cabbage and cauliflower.Indole-3Carbinole deactivates estradiole.It takes 3 to 4months times for deactivation.well you can try with harm going for this.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi there,
Your fibroids are many and quite big in size.These type of fibroids will have symptoms at some point or the other if not now.Right now,if you are asymptomatic ,then you can hold off the surgery but if the fibroids grow bigger and multiply then myomectomy will be required.There arent many medicines which will help u at this point since you're only 28.In the future if you want kids then the myomectomy is needed.I also would advise you to keep your uterus now.The best you can do is keep regular usgs to watch for any growth.If they multiply excessively then the uterus may not be able to be saved.You need to discuss all pros and cons with your doctor and decide what you want to do.
Answered: Mon, 28 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor