Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Is there any other treatment except drip for Hyperemesis gravidarum ?

I am 25 years and 14 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am suffering from Hyperemesis gravidarum and its not imporving at all. I am not able to eat and drink due to severe nausea and vomiting. My gyn gave me Navidoxine to stop vomiting but it didnt work. Now I am on IV drips. According to my gyn this is the only solution. Should I continue with my drips or any other treatment is also there. Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  288
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hii welcome to health care magic.see you should continue with drips because of vomiting on eating and drinking may leads to weakness and dehydration which will affect your should also try along with this homeopathic medicine ipecac 200 or tabacum 200 4tab at 2hr interval untill you feel good.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Your doctor is right ,when ever medicines do not work and there is continuous vomiting there is no option other then this.This happens and there risk of dehydration and danger to mother and baby both this is must.Please continue as per advise and you will be fine soon.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor