Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Is the abnormal behavior of my son related to his premature birth ?

I reside in Bangladesh. My son aged 11 years, suffered premature birth . He is seemingly normal but have seemtoms like lack of eye contact , lack of friends, very slow in math and written works, cannot complete a total story, very shy in talking outsider etc. I want to meet an expert at Kolkata during late August. Suggest me please
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
sorry im not aware of kolkata but just want u to know few facts.
Autism or development disorders need extensive investigational workup n different treatment modalities all of which r available under 1 roof mainly in big instituitions n not always with private consultants.also if a patient is diagnosed with a development disorder he wud in future require certificate for his disability which is issued only in governmental institutions.this is the system followed in not aware of the laws in ur country. So plz do the needful enquiries beforehand.In India the AIIMS hosp in Delhi is the best.In my Hometown Mumbai The LTMG/Sion hosp wud b the best for ur problem.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor