Is it normal for me to feel this ?

its like suddenly my heart beat is too fast and suddenly it gets normal ....it last for a few seconds and i get very disturbed so what should i do ?
Fri, 26 Feb 2010
's  Response

I have the same thing. I've thought that my heart beat has been irregular for a year or so now, just by counting my pulse and noticing that sometines it skips a beat & then beats twice really fast afterwards. Recently I've started going to the gym more often where the machines count your heart beat. Normally it lingers around 120-140, but then suddenly it will jump to 180-190 or more for a few seconds & yesterday actually reached 216 - which is 15 more than my maximum heart rate. Im 19 years old, 5'7' and weigh around 142 lbs, and I'm quite worried about this, but people just laugh it off and say that the machines must be inaccurate. I think that maybe a doctor will say the same.

marek's  Response
It's called an arrhythmia. It's when your heart has an irregular beat. A fast heartbeat can be palpitations or periods of tachycardia. Fast beats of the heart. You should see your doctor about it and find out what's causing it and how to control it. You want to make sure its not a dangerous arrhythmia