Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is it needed to adjust insulin after having cookies?

My friend said she had to adjust her insulin if she ate one of my cookies.. ? because she has diebetes. Why does she have to adjust it? Or is she just lying? She never eats at lunch time.
Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

I dont understand that too. Just having one cookie will not cause a lot of change in sugar levels, unles she already has a uncontrolled sugar levels and poor diet control. She should take her meals on time and also take 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big meals. Get her sugar levels tested and do regular follow ups.

General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
Eating just one cookie- will not change much for her. It is quiet surprising. You just simply cannot calculate the insulin dose depending upon what you eat.

You need to get your blood sugar and Hba1c done. Then your physician shall adjust the blood sugar accordingly.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor