Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Is it necessary to go for surgery if the heart is receiving 90% blood ?

My brother aged 50, was admitted to a famous multispeciality hospital in coimbatore, for heart pain. He is a chain smoker. His heart has 95% blockage on both sides. And also the doctors detected his gal bladder totally damaged and removed through open surgery . Then he went through a thalium test. My brother say, after the test, the doctors claim that, his heart has 90 % blood circulation through an alternate vein, so a surgery is not needed and his heart blockage can be removed through medicines, and a bypass surgery is not needed. I need your opinion on that
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  Anonymous's Response
It must be co lateral blood circulation, if your brother experiencing the chest pain on often with fatigue then the medicated stenting is one of the best mean if CABG is not possible (co lateral circulation is not always reliable )
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor