Is it advisable to switch to Beta Dine from soframycin and betadine to treat pus formation after an injury?

I met with a accident 12 days ago..but I neglected it and 2days later I consulated doctor. He has given me the medicines and betadine ointment..and he dreesed the wound.5days later there was no change so I removed the dressing and started applying soframycin..but still no change..now from yesterday onwards puss started forming as a layer..and I want to switch to beta dine now....plz help me..
Mon, 13 Jan 2014