Is it Chiari malformation and psoriatic arthritis connection?

I am a 43 year old male. I recently had an MRI for tinnitus ear ringing in my right ear which I have had for six months consistently. The MRI showed an 8mm tonsillar herniation consistent with chiari malformation. The ENT who ordered the MRI did not think any thing of it. I have recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis for which I have the classic symptoms joint pain (several years), joint swelling, popping joints and mild psoriasis (20+ years). My question is is it possible that there is a connection between chiari malformation and psoriatic arthritis?
Thu, 11 Aug 2011