Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, pcos, high blood sugar, history of miscarriage, unsuccessful follicular study. Can I conceive again?

i m puja 37yr, i want to conceive. before 2 yrs i have lost my baby of 8 month 23 days during pregency. my period is irregular & i had pcos and my suger leval is fasting 106 & pp is172. can i conceive again . i had taken follicular study almost 3 month but result was 12 th day multiple follicle in my right ovary no, size growth on 15 & 18 days . is any hope for me
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hi Puja,
Thanks for writing in HCM.
For conception you need a mature follicle. You should start with orally medicines which helps in ovulation. After taking medicines you should get your follicular study . After follicular study if you get a mature follicle then your are either advised to have intercourse (Ovulation induction with timed intercourse) or the doctor plans for Intra uterine insemination (IUI).
In cases where oral medication is a failure, hormonal injections like Gonadotrophins may used. A low carbohydrate diet with less calories and high protein and high fiber diet with a regular exercise routine can help your body increase its response to insulin, and possibly decrease androgen production. This may help reduce symptoms, restore normal menses and make it easier to conceive.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor