Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, negative pregnancy test. Scan shows bulky uterus with fibroid. Sore breasts and weight gain. D&C required?

Hello, I am 29 yr old mother of 4 yr old kid. When i started to plan for my 2nd one got irregukar period from 45 to 60 days in last 4 months. checked for home pregnancy its negative all the months. When prescribed for scan by a homeopathic doc, it said i hav bulky uterus with fiberoid in which there was no specification of fiberoid size. He gave medicines and im taking for past one month. He said to continue for 3 months in tht time i cant conceive. My problem is iam getting sore breast in 15 days with weight gain . Is it symptom of above prblm or shud i go for D and C?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2018
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic.
I have gone through your query.
I think I have understood your concern, I will try to suggest you the best possible treatment options.

Irregular periods indicate problem with ovulation. If a woman ovulates on day 14 or 15 of the cycle, she gets monthly regular periods.

This can be the reason that you are getting delayed periods and urine test comes negative.

I will suggest to get a good resolution USG done to know exact number , size and location of fibroid.As such, fibroid has no role in irregular periods.
Also ovarian volume in USG will help to rule out PCOS which is one of the common causes of irregular cycles.

secondly, weight gain can be due to PCOS and your breast soreness can be due to Premenstrual syndrome.
Indulge in routine exercise and healthy diet regimen.
Vitamin E, B LONG F, PRIMROSE one each daily at night for 3 months will be of help.
In my opinion , there is no role of D & C in your case. Also, fibroid is not the cause of irregular menses or inability to conceive in your case.

I hope my answer helps you.
Wish you good health.
With regards
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Answered: Sat, 27 Feb 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor