Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, mother has the same problem. How can it be regulated?

hello dr, My periods is not regular i think it may also occur due to gene problem because my mother also had the same problem before marriage my question is how to regulate my periods because im getting to be married within 1 month im worrying it will affect in getting pregnancy i need your suggestions to regulate my periods and to get pregnant
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for sharing your concern with us
Irregular periods can be due to several reasons like anovulatory cycles, PCOD etc. What we need to do is start with an ultrasound of the pelvis done. If you do have polycystic ovarian disease, the scan will tell us. if that is normal, you would need to live a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress levels, and exercise.
We would also need a hormonal estimation done if the scan is normal.
Depending on the cause of the irregular periods, it may or may not interfere with your ability to have children
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Md Iftakhar's  Response
Hi Ksgowthamanraaj,
Irregular periods are mainly because of some sort of hormonal disbalance which is regulating the periods. As far as genetic cause is concern there are no such reports related to this.
I would suggest you to consult some gynaecologist regarding this problem and after having a proper histroy and examination and if required some investigations, only after that the main cause of this problem can be make certain.
Most of the time it is very mild problem and some supplementation of hormones in the from of medication is required to regularise this problem and another important thing is that anxiety associated with this can worsen the condition. I would suggest you to have a proper diet and life style to come over this.

Thanks and take care.
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor