Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, hair on face and chest. Treatment?

am a 17 yr old suffering from irregular periods since a year.i hav developed lot of facial hair and even on the chest.i hav consulted a gyno who prescribed a scan and everything was normal.she prescribed himalaya evecare syrup.but i have not got my periods since 4 even not overweight....its around 60 kg.pls help.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The symptoms which you have described that is irregular periods along with abnormal hair growth are of polycystic overain sndrome (POCD).In POCD there is imbalance in the production of female sex hormone. I would suggest you to consult a gynaecologist who may be able to evaluate you for POCD.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor