Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Ultrasound shows PCOD. Taken Metformin. Getting periods only after taking Dronis. What to do?

hello doctor i am a women of 23 yrs. i am married. i have irregular or absence of menstration for more than 6 months. then i came to know after an ultrasound that i am an pcod . i have taken metformin for 6 months n there was no change in the condition. then my doctor gave me a medicine named progeston n dronis 20. if i take that medicines then my periods comes normally. as i stops the drug condition becomes the same. i like to know what should i do further in future if i plan to get pregnanat aftr 1 yr
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
People with pcod have difficulty in conception and usually require assistance in the form of medicines.some people conceive on their own in the initial phase of trying for pregnancy where as others may try for years withno results.medicines like metformin and dronis are for symptomatic treatment as polycystic ovarian disease or pcod can never be cured completely.
Dronis 20 is a birth control pill which helps in regulating periods but when trying for pregnancy you will have to discontinue with dronis.
The problem occurs because people with pcod have uncertain menstrual cycles and hence cannot know when they are ovulating and there will be chances of pregnancy.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor