Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Any recommendations?

Hi doc, i just have a question, its regarding my sister, she is 20 yrs old. She had her period for 5 months non stop, its not heavy though. Then after it stopped for 3 months and now shes have it again for 4 months straight now. What is going on with her? She is scared to go to a doctor, how should i convince her? Please help. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
Irregular menses is common in young girls 1 to 5 years after they started having their periods and is usually due to a condition known as anovulatory cycle because their brain to ovary system responsible for menstrual cycle is not fully matured. She does not need to be scared to see a doctor because its only after an evaluation by the doctor that a definite answer will be obtained and an appropriate plan instituted.
So i will advise you counsel your sister and let her see a gynecologist for a review.
Best regards and hope this helps
Dr Achuo
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor