Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Irregular menses, lower abdominal pain, cure ?

hi mam, im priya from chennai, im 23, my periods are being irregular for past 11 years, i consult with nearby gyneacologist, she gives me tablet and asks me to continue for 3 months and says 4th month it ll be regular, but it never does. my period by 4th month, 5th or 6th month again i have to meet her. this process is continuing for these many years, it has been three months again since i got my periods, my lower abdomen is paining too much. i want permanent solution for this problem, plz help me on this
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016
Welcome to HCM.
You are currently suffering from irregular period for 11 yrs and your last period was 3 months ago.
There is several reasons for irregular period,some common like PCOD, Thyroid dysfunction, Over wt, Stress, Anorexia,Hormonal imbalance etc.
So need to investigate properly for underlying pathology.
Do the following investigation like USG lower abdomen, FSH/LH ratio, Thyroid Profile, PPBS and Blood for estrogen & progesterone level.
Along with control of body wt, take healthy diet, avoid stress full activity and do light exercise.
After all investigation, you may consult with me or your gynecologist.
All the best.

For more opinion, mail
Answered: Sun, 22 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor