Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Injury. Pain in elbow, cannot extend elbow. What is wrong?

I was long-boarding, going about 12-14 mph when i hit a wall, I was not wearing a helmet so i tucked my head into my chest and curled my elbow into my ribcage. When i hit i was in shock, i could not breathe but i could move my arm . In the days after i lost most of the movement from my elbow, and it would always be a dull pain and when i tried to move it a sharp pain came from what seemed like inside my elbow. now almost 3 weeks after the incident i cannot fully curl my elbow up and i cannot fully extend my elbow and it is hard for me to twist it as if turning a doorknob. What do you think is wrong with my elbow? What can i do other than going to a physician can i do to fix it? I join the army in less than 2 weeks and i have to be in top physical condition, please help.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome
First of all you have to get your X-ray done and rule out any minor fracture if present. If your X-ray is normal the proper physical exercise of elbow and proper physiotherapy will hep you in recovering from the injury. Consult your physiotherapist for the exercises you can do. In addition to this:
1. Take analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce pain.
2. Wear elastic bandage at the site
3. Alternate hot and Ice fermentation will help you.
4. Apply local analgesic gel at the area.

Always feel free to consult your doctor for further treatment.
Best Wishes
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Himanshu Pandey's  Response
Hi brossartbl ! I am a sport man too, but i take precaution also, because tomorrow i have to go for sport again, it is not a 1 day affection. Ok no preaching. If pain take diclofenac or ibuprofen painkiller. For healing serratiopeptidase tab. Calcium tab. But along with this you are saying pain in movement. Need x ray to confirm the diagnose. sorry but you have to take appointment to a doctor. So you can heal up fast and join the army. Be safe wear helmet . Bye.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor