Infection in shoulder joint, pain, had cortisone shot

i have a severe pain in my shoulders and i was told by a specialist that i have a severe infection in the material in the joint of my shoulder so i had a cortisone shot in the joint and the pain has disappeared for awhile but every now and then the pain comes back severely ,so can you help me to remove the pain without taking the injection?
Wed, 16 May 2012
Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine 's  Response
It sounds like a rotator cuff pathology. The rotator cuff is a group of muscles around your shoulder which can get inflamed (it is NOT an infection) and diseased. It is also very common to get the bursa (lining over the tendon) to become thickened and inflamed too, producing an impingement syndrome.

Steroid injections (like cortisone) can cure some cases but many can recur after a few weeks or months. If it continues to trouble you, you should see a shoulder specialist where an shoulder Ultrasound can be arranged to assess the shoulder.