Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Indigestion, bloating, pain under ribcage, vomiting, shoulder pain. Diagnosed to be UTI. Could this be due to gall bladder?

I have had indigestion,feel bloated, pain under my right ribcage, a little vomitting, gassiness, and pain near my right shoulder blade for a couple weeks. I have had an ultrasound which showed nothing, gallbladder , liver , pancrease are fine. I have had blood tests, one for h pylori which we are still waiting on the results, EKG , chest and shoulder xrays, etc. I did get a call that I have a UTI but that would not cause the digestive issues, right? Do you think this is my gallbladder or an ulcer. I have also been taking prilosec the past couple weeks per my MD. I have been getting the pain under the ribcage after eating.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Yes, this can be a peptic ulcer. Gallstones should be visible in ultrasound. It is very common that when peptic ulcer is present, all blood tests and ultrasound are negative. The best way to have it checked is to perform upper GI endoscopy. Helicobacter Pylori blood test will tell nothing either if positive or negative. Still endoscopy needs to be done.
UTI can sometimes give indigestions as a result of intestines irritations due to inflammation.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor