Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Increase in ESR levels, body pain, fever, cough, headache, feeling of abnormality in blood. Reason and blood tests?

Sir/Madam, i am manjeet. my body esr level increases(17mm fall in one hour corresponds to westergren method 1 hour) after every twenty five days . i have taken ciplox 500 + 1-al. i am suffering ( with body pain , weakness, fever 99.6f (maximum), cough { from last 2 year T.B. -ve }, headache like bursting , and feel too much abnormality in blood ) for last five year. what is the reason of this? please give advice in detail with blood test that should be do. thank you so much.
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  605
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Dear manjeet , Idont know whether you are a male or a female, but if you are a female then a mild variation in your ESR during or just before your menstural cycle is acceptable. ESR is a very non specific test and does not signify any disease in particular but rather a presence of some pathology. You should get yourself investigated in detail with a healthcheckup plan which includes your blood tests urine examination, stool examination, thyroid profile and basic USG and x-ray of chest. Visit your general physician with the result and do not get so stressed up about a raised ESR value. Relax and take care.
Answered: Thu, 31 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response
Dear Manjeet,

Thank you for your query.

ESR is a very non-specific test and does not lead you to any diagnosis. It helps in diagnosis with other parameters. Kindly specify for what ailment have you been prescribed Ciplox.

Cough, weakness and low grade fever can be due to a number of reasons. A complete physical examination by your doctor shall facilitate him in coming to a diagnosis. We can only suggest that you also get your eyes checked up. Kindly discuss in detail with your doctor who may suggest appropriate investigaions upon a complete history of ailments and physical examination.

Wishing you all the best.
Answered: Thu, 31 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor