Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

In process of passing kidney stone. Feeling it in vaginal opening, uncomfortable, air bubbles coming out. Is the stone still present and will there be pain and blood involved?

Hello, I am have been in the process of passing a kidney stone for the last 2 weeks. I was diagnosed in the emergency room and referred to a urologist . I haven t been able to be seen by the urologist because there is only one office in my area so appointments are hard to come by, let alone even receive a phone call in return. The past few days I thought I possibly had passed the stone without realizing it. However, today I feel as though it is sitting at the opening of my vagina and I feel it more so when I urinate. It is more of an uncomfortable feeling rather than actual pain. Also, I am experiencing what seems to be air bubbles coming from that area. Not passing gas, just very small air bubbles . In your opinion, do you believe that the stone is still present? Are these bubbles normal/have anything to do with the passing of a kidney stone? Also, what can I expect when the stone actually passes? Will there be a great deal of pain and blood involved?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Renal stones less than the size of 10mm are flushed out easily without major complications. It occurs in 2 stages - origin till the urinary bladder and from the bladder to outside.

Pain, abdominal cramps, bloody urine and discomfort which are usual accompanying symptoms as the stones pass out is found only in the first stage. Second stage is asymptomatic and rarely one can experience flattened stream of urine or double stream urine.

From your description, your symptoms are unlikely related to renal stone passing. The discomfort in the vaginal region is probably due to localized infection. Consulting your local gynecologist will be helpful.

Drink plenty of fluids and cranberry juice can help in the meantime. Also important is to abstain from unprotected sexual intercourse until complete recovery.

Hope this helps.

Wish you good health.

Answered: Mon, 18 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor