Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

I seem to have developed a partial foot drop. Should i wait and see if it just goes?

i am a 27 year old man and i seem to have developed a partial foot drop. While i can still lift my right foot up, its not very powerful and i cant walk on my heels. I ve looked around on the internet and it seems foot drop can be a symptom of something really serious. I would go to the doctor but i m living in japan at the moment and my japanese just isnt good enough to effectively interract with a doctor. i also occasionally get a slight tingling in my right hand and forearm although this may be unrelated. I am quite skinny and prone to sitting with my leg crossed over the other which i know can be a factor. Should i wait and see if it just goes? i am at a loss....
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  313
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
foot drop is associated with the prob of the peripheral nereve and muscles also...
i think u hv prob with ur mights be compressed some where and there is insufficiency of the blood supply..better go for a complete assessment which will help u..
\plz do not delay whcih can be dangerous...
take care..
Answered: Tue, 22 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Usually, a foot drop is a symptom of some other underlying condition, typically a neurological one. At the same time, it is possible that a person is simply having difficulty walking because they have injured a muscle in their calves or ankles which is impeding their gait. Assuming injury is ruled out, the condition usually is caused by some form of lesion formed in either the brain, the central nervous system, or the nerves leading from there to the affected muscles, so that the signals controlling movement are not properly transmitted. A careful assessment of the problem, potentially by a neurologist, is necessary to identify the precise cause. I would suggest you to consult a doctor immediately and get a work up done..

Hope this helps!!
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor