Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Should I see a neurologist to help me walk easily?

hi im a 23 year old girl..i hav had scoliosis and kyphosis since i was a child..i had a 120 degree curve..i walked normally had no lung problems.. i had a surgery 6 months ago and woke up to find i can feel or move my both time my left leg recovered its activity but i can t sense heat or cold as to my right leg it took almost 2 months for me to be able to move it slightly..that s when it became spastic almost inhibiting any movement..nowafter 6 months i am walking on canadian cannes with a anti drop foot equipment for my right ankle cz i cant bend it..also i cant bend my knee the dr 1st said something about compression of nerves and brown sequard but was almost sure i was going to get back normal i seriously regret this surgery especialy because i was able to walk and hav a normal life more or less but had it mainly bcz of very bad appearance and now i cant walk or move easily i just want to get an opinion from you if i see a neurologist can he help me in any way.. or is there any second surgery that i need to hav that can make me better thanks
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
With your history, your doctor seems to be right. the recovery depends on the severity of nerve damage. i think your doctor must have done MRI once you had complained of mentioned symptoms. its basically an expectant management. Any sort of intervention can do little. though you can always go for second opinion anytime as i can't see your MRI. BUT NO MATTER WHAT, A POSITIVE ATTITUDE DOES A LOT GOOD IN TURNING AWAY THESE TIMES. TC.:)
Answered: Thu, 3 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor