Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I injured my forearm, should of gotten stitches ?

Hi, I injured my forearm about 1 inch below my wrist on the side of my arm by a fish tank that broke and it scraped my skin it's about 1 1/2 inches long and 3/4 of an inch across, the skin that was scraped is still on there but not covering the complete injury, the skin flap is turning color red/and tip black, I have been keeping it clean and using neosporan and keeping it wrapped, I allow air to it a couple times a day it appears to be healing however I am worried about that flap that is appearing it is dying? will it eventially fall off?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Sep 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for query,

You might have taken skin stitches at the time of injury.
Now stitches are not possible as it is infected.

Now wound remained open got infected.

Go for antibiotic medicine.

Do daily dressing with neosporin.

Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 31 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor