Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

I have some problem of stammering over some years

my name is karthik from chennai i have a problem of stammering over some years but i did not feel that problem untill 2 years before as i think i used to study louder for my 12 std examination now i struggle a lot now as now i am in engineering how to cure this problem ?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
hello karthik stammering can be cured wit the help of homeoapthic medicine.. n some practice... homeopathic medicines will be of great help to you..
consult a homeopath.. god bless..
Answered: Tue, 22 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sanjay Kumar's  Response
First Consult a speech language pathologist. These are the professional trained to asses and treat all kinds of communication disorder. If they feel the need of other professionals for the management of a particular communication disorder. they may guide you. Apart from stammering some other communication disorders for which speech language pathologist can be contacted are hoarse voice, female like vice of male (Puberphonia), mispronunciation, speech language problem after stroke, delayed speech and language in children, laryngectomee rehabilitation.

How do you know who are the speech language pathologist /Speech therapist?

These are the professionals trained for the assessment and treatment of all kinds of communication disorders. They should have the following qualification:

B.Sc. (Hons )Speech and Hearing/B.Sc. Speech and Hearing/Bachelor in Audiology and speech language Pathology(BASLP)

M.Sc. Speech language pathology/M.Sc. speech and hearing/ Master in Audiology and Speech language pathology(MASLP)

Certified by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) to work India

Dear friends, recently I came to know few of the people without having proper qualification, like ex -stammerers and with different academic background other than speech pathology and speech therapy/speech and hearing are involved in stammering and other communication disorder treatment .Many of my clients are victims of such quack. Be alert and you should enquire first qualification of your therapist before the treatment. For more details please click on
Sanjay Kumar
Sr.Speech Language pathologist
B.Sc.(Hons) Speech and Hearing,AIIMS Delhi
M.Sc.Speech Language Pathology,AIISH Mysore

Answered: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor