Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having constant buzzing and ringing sound in ear, started due to exposure to cold weather?

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
I am having constant buzzing and ringing sound in my right ear 24X7. It happened in XXXXXXX 2013 due to exposer to cold weather
How can this be cured and what is the treatment for this condition. Also I need to have a complete check up for my ear related to this condition.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not delay in treatment any further

Detailed Answer:
This constant and buzzing sound could be because of many reasons. And as you said you had exposure to cold then you need to undergo some Audiological tests.
I do not understand why you waited for past 8 months.

You must also see that whether you have any hearing loss or Dizziness or blocked sensation in ears.

You can see an ENT specialist and get done --
1. ----Pure Tone Audiometry (Hearing tests)---For any associated hearing loss which can be at high frequency and you are not aware of it.
2.----Impedance Audiometry ---To know position of middle ear for any fluid as you said you had cold
3.----If there is any problem in these above two tests then few other tests are also there like Tone decay , SISI etc, which your ENT doctor can guide you for.
4.----MRI Brain --To see for the condition of brain parenchyma and the nerves.
5.--Blood sugar, blood pressure,Thyroid function tests,Complete blood count.

Now you start with antibiotics and decongestants orally and intranasally and in addition multivitamins --consult your doctor and he will guide for the tests and the treatment depending on blood tests reports.
My advice is --Do not Delay any further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having constant buzzing and ringing sound in ear, started due to exposure to cold weather? 1 hour later
Can you please, suggest any ENT doctors in this regard or can I fix an appointment with you. I live in Delhi, Malviya Nagar. Also please, suggest the labs where I can get these tests done. I am new in Delhi, that is why I am asking.

I have seen an ENT doctor here in Malviya Nagar within 2 weeks of this condition but the guy told me that this will get better with the weather and gave me an ear drop called Clearwax and a medicine to inhale. It didn't improve anything.
I also saw an ENT doctor in Patna, my home town, a few months ago and he gave me some strong medicines related to paralysis, I think and also prescribed audiometry test. But that also didn't help. That is why I decided to start over again. None of the doctors took any Xray or did anything to see inside my ear.
I seriously need to know the condition inside my ear that if fluids are blocking my hearing or the bone has deformed or anything else is causing this condition. I also took Homeopathy medicines for one month and did some breathing exercises as well but without any results and left the medication.

Please, suggest.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult in near by hospital

Detailed Answer:
You stay in Malviya nagar then you can go to Sir XXXXXXX XXXXXXX hospital which is good and all the tests can be done there.
i stay in Jaipur so that will be far off place.
You can get done all the tests or get a consultation and take proper treatment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor