Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

I have fever and headache after labor. What is the treatment ?

I am 20 yr old female jus gave birth to my first child 2 days ago, I now have a fever of 102.2 with headaches, is this part of after labor or what shud I do please help... Thnk u
Fri, 6 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Fever after delivery can be dangerous sign of puerperal sepsis. Is the secretion from the vagina yellowish at this time. It is unusual to get fever after delivery unless infection is there. Better contact your Gynaecologist right away and do not delay. Antibiotics may be necessary. Eat high protein diet, plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water.
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Welcome to Hcm.
Fever with headache could be due to illnesses like malaria or viral or bactetial is not a part of your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Thank you
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor