Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

I have chest pain, how to avoid it ?

I am 20 years old I have chest pain, how to avoid it.........?
Wed, 31 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi kazuhiko
chest pain can have multiple reason. I wish you must have told about the site duration intensity of pain.

squeezing and chest tightness sort of feeling with pain at the left shoulder, arms, neck, jaw can be anginal this case urgent ecg and cardiac enzyme testing has to be done.

a localized pain which increases on deep inspiration, coughing, sneezing etc can be pleuritic pain which needs antibiotic therapy.

pain at anterior chest at costochondral jinction may be due to costochondritis.

other causes can be post traumatic pain.

in yours case, your age doesn't permit for anginal pain until and unless there is some underlying cardiac structural abnormality.

better meet your physician, get examined thoroughly......
beat wishes
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Athish Peter Margos R's  Response
Advice on avoiding chest pain can be given after diagnosing the cause of the chest pain.Chest pain can arise from the musculoskeletal system,pleura,pericardium ,heart,oesophagus etc.Each of these pain origins show a classic description.Musculoskeletal chest pain is usually localized,increases on pressure and on deep breathing.It can be avoided by rest and analgesics.Pleural pain is associated with other symptoms like cough,increases on deep breathing etc.Pain from the heart is usually central diffuse constricting type of pain radiating to left upper arm neck etc.This requires detailed evaluation and avoidance of pain depends on the stage of the disease.Pain from the oesophagus is usually associated with food intake.Dietary modifications are needed to avoid pain.Do a elf evaluation,then consult your doctor for correct diagnosis and management.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
In the absence of any description, I must advise you to seek urgent Medical Treatment. Don't delay
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor