Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

I have chest pain/ elevated blood counts, Should I be concerned

I am a 37 y.o. female and have been having chest pains for 6 months +. I realize this is not a life threatening condition, otherwise, I'd be gone by now! BUT, having said that, I went to the E.R. yesterday with chest pains in the mid to left side and pain with breathing (especially deep breaths). They did an EKG, chest xray and multiple blood tests. My d-dimer was over 1000 and my sed rate was 30. All other tests were normal. They diagnosed me with plureisy and recommended I follow up with a pulmonologist. The scarey thing is that this is the second time in the past 6 months that my d-dimer was elevated and the first time I was given Heparin which brought it down to a normal level. This time, they aren't doing anything. The pain is still there and wakes me when I attempt to sleep. Should I be concerned ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  651
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

since there is a daignosis telling it is pleurisy, you should not be concerned of the d dimer results. i think doctors over treat because of our over concern than it is actuaaly.

Answered: Tue, 12 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor