Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I have burning sensation in the chest & stomach whenever i eat spicy

Hi, Whenever i happen to eat anything spicy, even a slight bit of spicy food consumed by me, gives me a burning sensation from my chest to my stomach, it mostly happens during the first half of the day, rarely happens during the 2nd half of the day. Kindly advise.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Aug 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  347
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  Anonymous's Response
Can any Doc help me here?
Answered: Wed, 11 Aug 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

From the symptoms you have mentioned, it looks most likely to be Gastro-Esophageal Reflux disease.

Consult a gastroenterologist and get a gastroscopy done to see if you have eosphagitis, gastritis, duodenitis, gastric ulcers etc. and according to the finding you will need treatment.

Meanwhile avoid spicy food, liquor, smoking and take frequent small quantities of milk.

Wish you all the best.
Dr. P. Mahesh
Answered: Sun, 9 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
looks like youre suffering from acid peptic disease, maybe Laryngopharyngeal reflux or reflux esophagitis, you need to avoid spicy oily diet, try not to skip meals, de-stress yourself with Yoga or other exercises, try drinking a cup of cold milk in the night.
if these do not work then you can go for Over the counter antacids.
Answered: Wed, 12 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor