Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

I have an unsafe sex with my girlfriend

i have an unsafe sex with my girlfriend last night, i am thinking abt hiv chekup,, can u plz advise me for chekups which kind of test i can do
Asked On : Wed, 24 Feb 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  1852
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.First of all please avoid this dangerous practice so that you do not have to regret later.The earliest you can get tested is 3 weeks.this test is not routinely available at all the centers.Most of the routine tests done can be taken only after 6 weeks to 3 months.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
firstly it is too early to go for a test even if you have contracted HIV there is - what we call "a window period " before any test can be conclusive the period is about 3-6 weeks But the test that can detect the virus this early is very expensive.
Answered: Wed, 24 Feb 2010
  User's Response

The other standard tests like the ELISA- will be useful at around 12-24 weeks
Answered: Wed, 24 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor