Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I have a hard lump on the top of my collar bone

hello, i have a hard lump on the top of my collar bone that sometimes hurts a little what is it? it also move with the bone as if it attached to my sholder bone
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  2450
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome tro HealthcareMagic. The lump you mentioned about could be a bone cyst or osteomyelitis( infection of bone). It could be a sebaceous cyst, but they are generally not hard. I would suggest you get an Xray done and consult an orthopedician. An MRI can be done if asked by the orthopedician.Take care.
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I had one in the same place and had it removed about ten years ago. The doctor showed it to me after- looked like a piece of corn- yuck! Healed up fine and you can't even see the scar! It was very noticeable and was right in the spot where my seatbelt went across me so it was annoying. I noticed one one the back of my head about the size of a beebee and my doc said it was fine unless it grows. Last week felt one under breast aug incision. Feels like the others but I'm very nervous b/c of the location. My doc's out of town so I get to spend an agonizing week worrying. Did you have it removed?
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
  User's Response
Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
When do you have it since? Does it vary in size? The exact diagnosis depend on these factors.It could be a lipoma , bone cyst or cyst from skin.Please visit an Orthopedician to evaluate for the same and he may opt the treatment based on xray and examination.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor