Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

I got severe body ache with fever which didnt reduce after taking paracetamol.Do I really have typhoid ?

i had throat pain for 1 day with body ache and i gt treated for it, the next day i got severe body ache with feverwhich didnt reduce after taking paracetamol. then i had my blood test for WIDAL and report came as so S.typhi H 1:160 POSITIVE and S.typhi O 1:160 positive. Doctor said i have typhoid and i am in 2nd stage. I had an injection, next day i am normal and still taking medicine prescribed for it. Do i really have typhoid
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

WIDAL Test has come positive indicating the infection. Doctor would have given antibiotic. Keep well hydrated. Avoid spicy, hard, fatty food. Eat bland, nutritious diet with fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Follow your Doctor's advice.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Gastroenterologist, Surgical Dr. Ketan Vagholkar's  Response
Typhoid is a serious infection. Complete the course of antibiotics meticulously. Avoid foods which are heavy to digest. take complete rest.
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor