Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

I can hear some weird sound in my right ear. What can this be ?

hi, I am carious about a whistle sound i hear in my right ear from time to time, it sounds like a dog whistle with a humming but not that loud then like a surround sound music effect it passes from my right ear to the other side of my head till it attenuates then it stops what can that be ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  727
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

whts your age? what you hear is called as tinnitus usually it indiates your ear getting weak consult ent surgeon get hearing assessed(audiogram)
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

In the medical terminology this is called tinnitus. It happens in various conditions of the ear such as eustachian tube block, fluid inside the middle ear, variations of pressure inside the middle ear, middle ear infections, weakness of the auditory nerves, working in a noisy environment, etc. What you are experiencing can be a mild eustachian tube dysfunction causing tinnitus. No need to worry about this at present, if the symptoms worsen please do consult a good ENT specialist.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor