Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I am unable to hold any food down and shivering like crazy

It started with a sore throat (10pm) which then ended up in partial voice loss. four hours later (2am) after I had gone to bed, my sore throat was gone, but I was vomiting like crazy and shivering so badly it hurt. I took some advil which helped the shivering, but now I am still unable to hold my food down wether it be toast or water. Is this some possesed form of a stomach flu?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  411
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Fever with chills(shivering) & vomiting indicate that you have some infection. Soar throat & voice loss with the above shows that the infection could be in your throat. Severe vomiting, could again be due to an infection in your intestines.
A physical examination & some tests could help pinpoint the site of infection.
Answered: Tue, 28 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor