Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia

I have had CML since 1998, and have had to switch to a new Oncologist sadly due to his retirement. I have been PCRU for years now, and being monitored through my blood tests. My former Oncologist told me he could see if there were any changes by monitoring my labs to see if there was any indication of doing any other testing. The new doctor is insisting on a BMB, which Ido not do well with. Now he wants a FISH test along with the PCR Test. I do not understand his reasoning. He makes me feel like he is trying to prove something that my regular doctor did not see. I have been doing my PCR testing every 6 months, and regular routine blood work every 3 months. If there was anything wrong, I am sure something would show up somewhere. I even wrote to Dr. Druker, and he agreed that he would do the same as my former Oncologist. I have been on Gleevec 400mg. since Oct. of 2000. I did the original clinical trial in NY Just looking for someone to say I have been treated properly, and that I should be able to continue with my care as is, and maybe get a new doctor. Thank You
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  363
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
newer tests are always better than the previous.
it would be advisable to listen to your new oncologist.
i am sure you are treated well by your old oncologist but it is advisable you get the new tests done.
i will give a better insight into your present condition.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care
Answered: Mon, 24 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Visit MEDANTA"THE MEDICITY" A super Speciality Hospital In sec-38 gurgaon where U can get Consultation with Dr ashok vaid(world renowned oncologist And Dr tejinder kataria 9world Renowned breast cancer surgeon )........or visit or call for assistance 09419191439
Answered: Mon, 5 Jul 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor