Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

I am not getting period after taking microgynon. Am i pregnant ?

I took the Microgynon as an emergency contraceptive, then i have a heavy period with cramps five days after taking the pills and it lasted for two weeks. Now its time for my period and it hasn t came yet. Whats wrong?
Asked On : Tue, 3 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
one of the common sideeffects of emergency contraceptive pill is irregular cycle or menses. dont worry. wait for few days. if periods not happen then go for pregnancy test.if pregnancy test negative ,better to consult a gynecologist
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Taking emergency contraceptive pill can cause side effects like irregular menses.
Wait for a few days.If you periods dont come,take a pregnancy test first.If you have had sex.If its negative then see your doctor for medicine to get your period.
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor