Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

I am having watery eye which is red and painful. What should i do ?

i have eye problem, watery discharge, the eyes are red and pains a lot as if stones are inside. just applied chloramphenicol eye drop , initially it was one eye thats yesterday but now the other one is affected. please help
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1986
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
You are having acute Conjunctivitis.
Go for antibiotic medicine and local antibiotic drops every 2 hourly.
Wear goggles to prevent spreading to others.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 1 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
you might have allergic reaction or infective conjunctivitis .
you need to consult eye doctor
donr touch your hand to eye and keep separate your all things .
it is infectious ,so there is chance of spreading to other people also
apply antiobiotic drops like oflox three to four time a day
wash your eye with cold water
wear sunglass
avoid sunlight ,dusty and windy environment.
i hope i have answered your question.
Answered: Mon, 1 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
this appears to be conjunctivitis.ofloxicin eye drops 2 hourly and ciprofloxicin eye ointment at bed time should help.
Answered: Sun, 14 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor