Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

I am having stabbing pains in my chest.

I dont have a family doctor or have insurance, my last doctor was in another state. I am having hard to explain pains in my chest, not stabbing pains, just like a dull ache,im going to make an appt tomrow but not sure if i call a family doctor or a heart doctor ? I had a heart attack 11 yrs ago which triggerd a muscle diease which does affect my chest wall muscles. I just cant affor d to go to one just to be referred to the other. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Personally, I would go to a cardiologist. Mainly because of your past history. You can have records forwarded from your previous doctor prior to your visit so that the new doctor can get a glimpse of your past. Avoid family practice doctors, as they may just tell you it is stress due to moving.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor