Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

I am having 2 small holes in my eardrum.Will it cure on its own ?

i m suffering from ear infection ( fungal ) for which i visited a ent doctor.after examining my ear, doctor said that i m having 2 small holes in my eardrum.will it cure on its own or i ll have to undergo operation.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  325
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Usually, small perforations of the eardrum should heal in a few weeks after the fungal infection is treated successfully. It also depends on how long the perforations have existed and how they were caused - from self inflicted trauma or due to the fungal infection. The middle ear is always wet with normal secretions and sometimes the fungal infection is due to the dampness created due to the pre-existing small perforations. If your ear drum perforations are not healing on their own, surgery may help to close them. However, surgery should not be performed in the presence of fungal infection. The fungal infection must be treated successfully first.
Answered: Sun, 10 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor