Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Hypersensitive to cold things resulting in headache

I am 48 male. For last 5 years I have been suffering from allergy from cold things whether eating or touching or cool air or cold water? My nose gets lubricated and forehead starts feeling heaviness followed by headache . On drinking cold drink, my right or left nose gets blocked, stopping air inhaling and causing headache. On eating something also i get headache.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Kalra,

When you know you are having allergy to cold items, better avoid it rather than challenging your problem. You require antihistaminics, to reduce the allergic reaction. Please consult your physician if the problems persist.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya Muralidhar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

cold foods and cold air,water can cause an allergic reaction,more so associated with nose block,cough,wheeze,headache,etc.

The best remedy would be to avoid the allergen and you must also get your self evaluated for sinusitis which is a common cause of headache and nose blocks.

use NASIVION drops for de congesting the nose blocks, steam inhalation with a capsule of camphor/vicks could help a lot .Keep away from dust and AC's

Wish you good health
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor