Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Hurt kneel pretty deep. Have swelling, throbbing, tightness. Help

I tripped and fell, my knee landed on a rock that tore my heavy duty jeans and skinned my knee. One part was pretty deep, first point of pressure, lower knee cap area. Swelling , throb, tight feeling, hard to bend, sore, walk with a limp, can feel heat from injury. Iced first 24 hr, then ice/heat/strech second 24 hr. and took ibuprofen past 4 days. Been 5 days, still in pain, swelling down but still there. Need to get x ray?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You had a injury to your knee joint 4 days back and you have a throbbing pain in jt.Pl get X ray of the knee Jt done to rule out and injury and consult Orthopedic surgeon to rule out any soft tissue injury or collection of blood in the the meanwhile take some antibiotic and continue with Ibuprofen .
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor