How to treat increasing optic nerve cupping?

My son had MRI last week and and this is his signs &symptoms : increasing optic nerve cupping(left eye) .r.o intracranial pathology associated with 2years old .his primery care told me he may need sergury and im very worry for him ,i just need to know what is going to happend to him ,thank you
Fri, 21 Jul 2017
Sir/Madam,
First and foremost, please tell about the complaint of your son. Always remember, doctors don't treat investigation, they treat the patient. Many extreme parameters on an investigation can be normal in absence of any problem.
Coming on to the problem of your son. Cupping of the optic nerve is most frequently related to glaucoma (a disease of the eye in which pressure inside the eye is increased). If your son is having no problems in relation to vision then we will think of other problems to be more specific the problems inside the brain. So i would like you to share the symptoms of your son and the exact details of MRI report.