• question-icon

Is Uveitis chronic or lifelong?

Posted on Thu, 5 Oct 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Dear doctor
I am 48,suffering from uveitis to right eye since last 3 years.I have since in touch with healthcaremagic and seeking its advice.My reports are loaded about this to healthcaremagic site.
I had to undergo cataract surgery 2years ago.
Current problems are
1.eye remiains heavy,
2.The muscles around the eye till cheek are feeled to be strained
3.Eye is never red but gets tired fast after computer work (even though I have less such work),u tube video watching etc.
initially doctor prescribed Pred Forte.once in a day and after one year as and when eye .is stressed.
But my problem now is still eye remiains heavy.and all above problems are repetative.
Does this disease remains unrecovered life long??
does it affects the eye slowly detoriating its efficiency?
are there food supplements which will give me relief??
regards,
ms,abhyankar

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please read detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

Ocular Hypertension can be a cause. Elevated intraocular pressure is very common in people with ocular hypertension because it is one of the main risk factors for glaucoma. High pressure inside the eye is caused by an imbalance in the production and drainage of fluid in the eye (aqueous humor).Have you got investigated for glaucoma.

In some cases, droopy eyelid is caused by more serious conditions, such as a stroke, brain tumor, or cancer of the nerves or muscles. Neurological disorders that affect the nerves or muscles of the eyes such as myasthenia gravis can also be a cause of it .

I would suggest you to consult a neurologist as if only eyes were involved then you must have felt some relief after using steroid eye drops.

See your questions can be answered only after knowing your proper diagnosis.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Thx for reply
uploaded latest report of opthalmologist visit.
I had undergone MRI test followed by angio test in march.both the reports are normal.doctor didnot find any suspicious thing.
pl refer to report IOP readings I guess have been mentioned.These readings are same on and average for last 2 years,
I follow up opthalmologist quarterly.
whst special test do the doctos do to test glucoma??
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up!

Detailed Answer:
Good morning,

For testing glaucoma Eye drops are used to dilate the pupil so that the doctor can see through your eye to examine the shape and color of the optic nerve. If your intraocular pressure is not within the normal range or if the optic nerve looks unusual, two more glaucoma exams called perimetry and gonioscopy would be done.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist