Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

How to treat a hole in heart of a child ?

my chil is having a hole in his heart i m confussed what to do? is their any process of heart transplantation or a surgery will work plz help me
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
hole , but where, what site in heart, see thats makes a lot of difference in management. one needs to see a echo report before commenting, also it is necessary to see the child general condition. better u see a pediatric cardiologist.
Answered: Fri, 8 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Alok Choudhary's  Response
the type of surgery depends upon the type of hole whether ASD /VSD ,age of child, size of defect,symptoms.Presently in India there are very good centers with good success rate where these type of surgeries are done.At present we are still awaiting for successful heart transplantation.hope for the best.Consult your pediatric cardiologist for full evaluation and do accordingly.GOOD DAY
Answered: Sat, 9 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Contact Narayani Hrudayala or Sai Baba Hopsital, both are at Bangalore. They are specialized in treating this type of cases. Generally congenital cases can be treated with surgery only.
Answered: Sun, 10 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor