Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of internal womb fibroids except operation?

Iam a woman aged 38years. I have been diagnosed of internal womb fibroids which are about 40mm. I am afraid of an operation. Is there any way I can get rid of the fibroids without going through an operation? I having pain on the lower abdomen and my womb is swollen sometimes. i can not sleep on my right side because of pain
Asked On : Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  324
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Uterine fibroids are permanetly and gently treatable by classic homoeopathic treatment.
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
there is medical treatment of fibroid by the name of gnrh analogues nut there are many side effects ,,,surgery is a good option u should meet some gynaecologist she will help u much better
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Yes there is medical treatment of fibroids. Gnrh agonists drugs are used to shrink the tumor( though associated with few side effects). Moreover treatment is given when there are symptoms. Discuss with your gynecologist about the treatment options. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
medical treatment is to relieve or reduce definitive medical therapy is currently available for leiomyomata,butGnRH agonist treatment of uterine fibroids for 3 months usually will achieve maximal shrinkage of the myomatous uterus to approximately 35–50% of its volume and amenorrhea with resulting improvement in hematologic parameters.but its a temporary method. uterus again come to its original volume again after discontinuation of therapy. some sideeffects of the medical therapy is also there. better meet a gynecologist and take treatment.
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor