Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

How to diagnose rib cage pain naturally ?

Burning pain in center of body, under ribs. Seeking natural remedy/advice pls. Hi, over the last few years I get this occasional burning pain in the center of my body, directly under my ribcage/chestbone, where my abdomen is soft between the bottom of my ribs. I m a 38 yo female, 150 lbs at 5 5 , working on losing weight. I m pretty healthy overall I think, no major issues. This pain started just in the last year or two, and I haven t figured out what in my diet might be causing it. Do you think it could be anything serious? If it s diet-related, what types of food/drink might be causing it? Is there any natural remedy I can use to alleviate the pain when it comes? Thanks in advance for your help!
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  317
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
may be you are having gastric pain
take regular meals
do not fast
spicy hot oily food will hurt you
avoid such food and drinks
no alcohol and no smoking
milk products that is cold will help
no painkillers in empty stomach
hope the practice will help you
if the complain persists consult doctor and take treatment
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Wiquar Ahmed's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
hi from the above history it looks as though it is gastritis ,depending upon the type of pain either associated with intake of food and if in the past 2 months you have lost weight or gained .please do avoid any spicy foods and junk foods as well .take your dinner fast at least 2 hours prior to sleeping .you can take green tea with honey in empty stomach .take tab pantocid 40mg half an hour before food as a remedy .take care
thank you
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
These are the symptoms of hyperacidity and this acidity is responsible for causing gastritis. Regular and right meals is a must. tension free life is to be ascertained. Bland diet is recommended. sip or two of cold milk act as good antacid giving instant relief. amongst other natural remedies fennel, basil, mulethi, work good. amongst medicines kamdugdha ras is good.
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thank you for your responses. I do cleanse (with Isagenix products) regularly and I usually feel great. So "fasting" is not a problem for me. I also don't eat much junk food, I don't smoke and I drink only little alcohol.

The advice to avoid spices is helpful. I'm doing a cleanse right now. Yesterday the pain followed taking a capsule which contained cayenne pepper with cardamom tea, on an empty stomach. Today I took the capsule with a small whey protein wafer and water, and had no pain.

Thank you Dr. Lakhanpaul for your natural remedies. I will sip milk or pick some basil from the garden if/when the pain returns.

I'm a health coach myself, and even studied in India for some time, but wasn't sure how best to treat my pain.
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor