Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How to diagnose Nephrocalcinosis ?

hi i need help for curing nephrocalcinosis or please let me know the treatment. A boy with age 10 years is suffering from this disease he is sufferning by birth . We came to know when we was 2 years old. We already had one operation (and found 18 mm stone), After again 1 and half year stone has generated (14 mm). what can we do
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I want to know some details about the patient i.e. pt's hight & weight ,quantity of fluid intake, H/O any metabolic disorder,associate condition & location of stone in urinary tract.stone type & all investigation reports with date . to avoid the recurrence of stone pt. start high fluid intake ,High fiber diet & Chandraprabhavati one tab twice a day & Varunadi kwath 4 tsf with equal quantity of water twice in a day after food for one month.
Answered: Sun, 3 Apr 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Fatima Farhana's  Response
Nephrocalcinosis is a disorder of altered calcium, excess calcium is deposited in kidney substance may be primary or sedondary to a lot of diseases. so extensive biochemical,endocrine,skeletal and renal survey is a must to find out its cause.treatment is conservative with hydration,drastically reduce the blood calcium to an acceptable level,stop taking calcium,sodium containing diet and treatment of underlying disorder(parathyroidectomy for hyperparathyriodism) may help.
Answered: Sun, 3 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor