What causes pain under the left rib cage radiating to the back?
The most likely is you are developing Herpes Zoster.
Hi welcome to Health care magic,
There are various possibilities.
The most likely is you are developing Herpes Zoster. Pain comes first and rash later.
It is most likely a nerve root pain -commonest cause is Herpes. Look out for a rash--comes after 4th day.
In some people there is no rash too.
Try--- a high dose of B complex, avoid the sun, take Omeprazole 20 twice a day (remote possibility it is acidity), and take Motrin (Ibuprofen) 400 mgs twice a day.
If it is Herpes, the whole process will last 21 days since it is due to Chicken pox virus affecting adults in a single nerve.
If rashes appear, go to your doctor. He may put you on Acyclovir and even steroids if he thinks it is required.
If no Herpes---get an x-ray of neck and back spine done.
It could also be one of your renal stones causing obstruction.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left back pain around back rib cage
- Duodenitis causing pain under left rib cage
- Pain on back left side under rib cage
- Radiating pain under rib cage to back
- Sharp pain under right rib cage back
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- Pain in left side back below rib cage
- Back pain under rib cage
- Extra bone in back rib cage causing pain
- Back pain left rib cage