How often do people die from heart attacks ?

how often do people die from heart attacks?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
usualy just once

My father died of a sudden heart attack in his home. I cannot get over this regret I am feeling ? I should have gotten him LIFE ALERT and he could have pressed it and been saved. He was 76 years old. He had several health problems including diabetes (controlled), hypertension (controlled), stage 4 kidney disease, and atrial fibrillation (controlled by digoxin). He had two strokes in the past, the last being 12 years ago, which paralyzed his left side, but he got some of it back and could walk with a cane. He also had a mild heart attack about 15 years ago, which was treated with balloon angioplasty. I wanted him to enjoy his final years, so I let him drive, and do his own things, etc. I am VERY REGRETFUL that I did not get him LIFE ALERT (or another similar product). I realize that sometimes when people have a heart attack, they do not know it, and cannot press the button, but I am still very regretful over this. I don t know how I am ever going to forgive myself for this. please help! Thank you everybody, you are very helpful. God Bless You all. Just for the record, he was found on the kitchen floor in the sitting position (on his bottom), with his knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and his head slumped down to his chest. One arm had an abrasion on it on the upper side of the forearm , as if he may have nicked it against the table or chair that he was near.

Can anyone tell me about how many people die from heart attacks from a lack of exercise ?

can anyone tell me how a person would feel,if they were havin a heart attack? is there much pain.? i hear many people dying suddenly from heart attacks? and yet they think they have indigestion?? how long can it last and what exactly happens?? does the person feel much pain?

Recent questions on  Heart attack

My dad had a kidney removed because of cancer, while recovering in hospital he had a heart attack, they diagnosed him with heart disease and arteriosclerosis. He was released from hospital monday but since he has been home he has had loss of vision in right eye cannot feel his right leg at most times and when he can he says it feels like it is bursting. Today he kind of passed out and twitched a little out of nowhere for a few seconds. What should we do? in regards to diet any home remedies that relieve pain or should we call an ambulance? I need help!!!

Hi. I took a 15 mg adderall (not prescribed) to study at around 10 am. At around 7-8pm, I smoked cannibas (also not prescribed). A few moments later I began to feel very dizzy, and my heart beat was extremely fast. I then felt pressure and dizziness, but not an excruciating pain to my chest. After that my body was becoming cold, starting with my hands and eventually shivering. I took a hot shower and tried to keep warm and just went to sleep after it calmed down a bit. Today my heartbeat seems "normal" but i still feel lightheaded somewhat and I'm concerned. Did I have a heart attack?

The left side of my chest and armpit, aswell as my left arm has been hurting alot. i have had a tight pressure on my heart for a week and a half now. i feel as if i am having the beginning stages of a heart attack and have small panic attacks before SOMETIMES calming myself down. I have smoked and eaten weed for 3 years now and enjoy it alot, it makes me calm in my current life situations but every time i eat or smoke it the pain increases tenfold and my heart beat becomes extremely irregular. I would appreciate advice from an experienced doctor on if it is physiological, something to do with my pigeon chest or because of smoking, maybe a combination.
I am 18 and appreciate your attention.

Hi, ay aswer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...I feel as if my chest on the right side mostly is tightening up and last night my heart was racing. I feel as if I can't breathe what do es this mean. I'm 20yrs old could I be in risks of a heart attack?

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

My father is 91 and his systolic is 228. Don't know the other number. Should I worry?

Hello Doctor, I have had some wisdom tooth pain and went to doctor, he advised me to use hydrogen preoxide one week and lets try the infection go. He took xray of wisdom tooth and said all other looks good. He further said as I have never been to...