How long do I have to wait to get tested for HIV after PEP ?

after taking PEP how long do I have to wait to get tested for HIV?
Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Treatment/Therapy
welcome to healthcaremagic
it may take 2 to 12 wks for the test to be +ve
some times it may take 6 months

Dear Doctor. I am working in Gulf. I am single 34. last march I came to India. During my vacation. I had sex with one married girl. Her husband also working in abroad. She was not a prostitute. She was one of my friends classmate. I saw rash in both of her lower arms. She told me that was allergy problem. Now I belive she was infected with HIV. During sex I used condom. but I put my fingers inside . and there was a small cut in my finger that happends 2 days before. and there was deep kissing . and she done oral without protection less than 1 min. After 2 days of the event I felt joint pain in fingers. and a small rash came to my upper lips and roof of my mouth . After around 35 days of this event some problems started on me:- 1 In my right side of my tounge and lips appeard white spots. 2, sore throat, reddish throat and swollen tonsil for a month. and my sound change. Red eyes for 2 days and foamy saliva 3, little swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin. 4, Very mild Flu around 3 week . a cold and discomfort feeling from chest and stomac 5,itchy Rash came in my whole body. coming and disappearing in 30 minutes 6, Neck stiffness and pain 7, 1 week there was diarrhea 8, swollen left upper eyelid one day 9, musle vibration in whole body 10, Digestion problem 11, black bloody spot in lips for one day 12, head presure 13 fatigue 14,Ear whisiling I took Augmentin 625 for 5 days. I am fearing to go a hopital here. I told her that you have some problem. So you should take a test. she went to a doctor and done General check up . and she told she is ok.she dont have any problem . I think she did not take Hiv test. Now I am very upset and worried about HIV. As I am in abroad I cannot take a Hiv test here anonymously. I belive i am infectd with HIV. What I want to do next? can I confirm HIV with these symptoms? If I am infected when I want to start treatment. How long I can hide this from others and family members. Is there any hope for curable medicines in my life time.

Sir! I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker 15 months ago. The lady sucked my penis for about five minutes. 3 days later we again met and fully open mouth kissed. I swallowed a lot of saliva from her. I don t know her status , but she was a kind of lady that she was ready to have sex with people any time. Three months after the exposure I tested for hiv antibody, it showed negative result. But slight fever after 15 days, night sweats, flakes on the skin surface, neck infection, frequent diarrhoea till now. The whiteness on my tongue is increasing. Sir I have not done expensive modern testing like pcr and western blot test. I did cheapest priced antibody test about 7 times , in the gap of every two months after the first test. But my symptoms continue till now. Is it because antibody formation is taking long time in my case? But all 7 antibody test showed negative and the last time i tested was in 15 months? Please sir ! What can I do now ?

sir, my friend was traveling in city bus which was over crowd as he was standing some one from behind insert some needle kind of thing at his back he came to know after he got down from city bus he has dout in his mind is he infected with HIV HOW CAN HE COME TO KNOW IS THEIR ANY SPOT TEST FOR THAT OR WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR 6 MONTH

Recent questions on Sexually transmitted disease

Hi, I'm male, 30 yrs old and recently had unprotected sex with a girl i don't really know. As soon as the next day I noticed that my penis head was blotchy and red but without any pain or itching. There are no sores or blisters. This was now 4 days ago and there has been very litlle to no change in the symptoms. I have showered a couple of times and not used any creams or lotions. All the research I have done online suggests that it is very unlikely that these are the symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease but I am still very worried that I may have caught something, especially as I would not want to infect anyone else. Please help!

So about a month ago i have been getting little red bumps on my legs arms stomach and sometimes down between my legs.. Im worried as to what it could be. I just had a baby in november and was clean from stds but have had unprotected sex since. They are itchy before they appear and then they show up the next day then are gone within a couple hours..

I have been experiencing cold-like symptoms for the last few days. My father had the same symptoms and was better after four or so days. Today, however, I noticed that my stool color was a clayish white accompanied with moderate abdominal pain on my right side. Is this cause for concern?

Additional information. I have been drinking plenty of fluids (water and gatorade with the occasional soda) and haven't had any dietary changes. I have been taking vitamin C tablets, Sudafed, and Nyquil. I was in the Bahamas three weeks ago. I have had intercourse with only my girlfriend in the last year, prior to I had been tested for hepatitis and other STDs, all of which came back negative. I also chew tobacco regularly.

Hi. I am a 20 year old female. I was recently treated for a UTI which lead me to have a yeast infection. I since have been treated for both. I was also tested for STDs, as I am very afraid of them- twice. All results were negative both times. I am still having a burning sensation however and having some pain on the left side close to where the back side of the pelvis bone is if that makes sense. I never get this pain on my right side and it more of a dull, throbbing pain. The doctor said my lymph nodes were fine and I'm going to get checked again next week- just wondering if you had any ideas?

can you get std or hiv from putting your finger up a vergina for 30 seconds , and the quick on the finger was a bit red from were i bit the finger nail no blood at all. thanks

Hi Doctor, The other night I received a lap dance. I had my underwear on as well as her. There was allot of friction back and forth where my genital area touched hers, but with both our underwear on. I even rubbed her a little bit and then touched...

Hi Doctor, My exposure date - 22nd Dec 2016 - Kissing , touching cheeks , neck of girl of unknown hiv or std s status. - Nude bath in shower and kissing her while bathing and touched her vagina from hand.No Fingering inside. - Sucked and licked...