How long do I have to wait to get tested for HIV after PEP ?

after taking PEP how long do I have to wait to get tested for HIV?
Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Treatment/Therapy
welcome to healthcaremagic
it may take 2 to 12 wks for the test to be +ve
some times it may take 6 months

Dear Doctor. I am working in Gulf. I am single 34. last march I came to India. During my vacation. I had sex with one married girl. Her husband also working in abroad. She was not a prostitute. She was one of my friends classmate. I saw rash in both of her lower arms. She told me that was allergy problem. Now I belive she was infected with HIV. During sex I used condom. but I put my fingers inside . and there was a small cut in my finger that happends 2 days before. and there was deep kissing . and she done oral without protection less than 1 min. After 2 days of the event I felt joint pain in fingers. and a small rash came to my upper lips and roof of my mouth . After around 35 days of this event some problems started on me:- 1 In my right side of my tounge and lips appeard white spots. 2, sore throat, reddish throat and swollen tonsil for a month. and my sound change. Red eyes for 2 days and foamy saliva 3, little swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin. 4, Very mild Flu around 3 week . a cold and discomfort feeling from chest and stomac 5,itchy Rash came in my whole body. coming and disappearing in 30 minutes 6, Neck stiffness and pain 7, 1 week there was diarrhea 8, swollen left upper eyelid one day 9, musle vibration in whole body 10, Digestion problem 11, black bloody spot in lips for one day 12, head presure 13 fatigue 14,Ear whisiling I took Augmentin 625 for 5 days. I am fearing to go a hopital here. I told her that you have some problem. So you should take a test. she went to a doctor and done General check up . and she told she is ok.she dont have any problem . I think she did not take Hiv test. Now I am very upset and worried about HIV. As I am in abroad I cannot take a Hiv test here anonymously. I belive i am infectd with HIV. What I want to do next? can I confirm HIV with these symptoms? If I am infected when I want to start treatment. How long I can hide this from others and family members. Is there any hope for curable medicines in my life time.

Sir! I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker 15 months ago. The lady sucked my penis for about five minutes. 3 days later we again met and fully open mouth kissed. I swallowed a lot of saliva from her. I don t know her status , but she was a kind of lady that she was ready to have sex with people any time. Three months after the exposure I tested for hiv antibody, it showed negative result. But slight fever after 15 days, night sweats, flakes on the skin surface, neck infection, frequent diarrhoea till now. The whiteness on my tongue is increasing. Sir I have not done expensive modern testing like pcr and western blot test. I did cheapest priced antibody test about 7 times , in the gap of every two months after the first test. But my symptoms continue till now. Is it because antibody formation is taking long time in my case? But all 7 antibody test showed negative and the last time i tested was in 15 months? Please sir ! What can I do now ?

sir, my friend was traveling in city bus which was over crowd as he was standing some one from behind insert some needle kind of thing at his back he came to know after he got down from city bus he has dout in his mind is he infected with HIV HOW CAN HE COME TO KNOW IS THEIR ANY SPOT TEST FOR THAT OR WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR 6 MONTH

Recent questions on  Sexually transmitted disease

I have a 'pimply' penis head. the skin on the head itself looks wrinkled too. This is not its usual 'look' and have noticed it since being cleared of gonorrhea . I have been tested and cleared of all stds. I have also used an antifungal cream prescibed by my GP which has reduced the redness of the pimples only - but they are still there. I have no irratation from it.

Hello. I have a concern. I am allergic to an over the counter medication called Flanax. Everytime I take it my eyes and mouth swell up. The swealling in my mouth is so bad that I get blisters after the swealling comes down. My eyes get really dry and itchy. The weird thing is that it gets red right under the clitoris and irritated. I took Aleve a couple days ago without knowing I was going to have the same reaction. Its really irritated under the clitoris again. I been to the doctor and they don t find anything wrong. I been tested for STDs and I don t have any. This only happens to me when I drink that medication. Its has antiinflamatory on the label. I notiiced the pills are always a light blue color. I try to avoid them but I never thought I would have that reaction with Aleve aswell. My doctor gave me yeast infection medication. I just don t get a clear answer everytime I go to the Dr. I am worried it could be something else and not showing up in the boold work. The sensation I get is a tingling around my eyes and mouth and starts getting red after 30 minutes to an hour after drinking the pill. I just want a different opinion please. I only get like this when I drink that and my main concern is in the vagina or under the clitoris

A fine line crack on my penis everytime i masturbate or having after a blow job is done on my penis. What will i do, i'm ashamed to tell this to my female family doctor. I am already 50 yrs old, 180lbs, non-smoker and also non-alcohol drinker. Did i lost the skin elasticity of my penis? What medicine do i have to put on the crack on the head of my penis. Is this a kind of std or venerial disease? I need your expertise and help. thank you......Jimmy N

My wife is 73 and has dementia and I am applying the estrace crème every day at the request of the GYN for vaginal atrophy and constant burning during and after urinating. Her behavior changes and she becomes more aggressive so I have lessened application to every other day. We go back to the GYN on Monday. Any suggestions as to how to proceed. The DR has tested for various STDs which turned up negative.

can you get std or hiv from putting your finger up a vergina for 30 seconds , and the quick on the finger was a bit red from were i bit the finger nail no blood at all. thanks

Hi Doctor, The other night I received a lap dance. I had my underwear on as well as her. There was allot of friction back and forth where my genital area touched hers, but with both our underwear on. I even rubbed her a little bit and then touched...

Hi Doctor, My exposure date - 22nd Dec 2016 - Kissing , touching cheeks , neck of girl of unknown hiv or std s status. - Nude bath in shower and kissing her while bathing and touched her vagina from hand.No Fingering inside. - Sucked and licked...