How long do I have to wait to get tested for HIV after PEP ?

after taking PEP how long do I have to wait to get tested for HIV?
Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Treatment/Therapy
welcome to healthcaremagic
it may take 2 to 12 wks for the test to be +ve
some times it may take 6 months

Dear Doctor. I am working in Gulf. I am single 34. last march I came to India. During my vacation. I had sex with one married girl. Her husband also working in abroad. She was not a prostitute. She was one of my friends classmate. I saw rash in both of her lower arms. She told me that was allergy problem. Now I belive she was infected with HIV. During sex I used condom. but I put my fingers inside . and there was a small cut in my finger that happends 2 days before. and there was deep kissing . and she done oral without protection less than 1 min. After 2 days of the event I felt joint pain in fingers. and a small rash came to my upper lips and roof of my mouth . After around 35 days of this event some problems started on me:- 1 In my right side of my tounge and lips appeard white spots. 2, sore throat, reddish throat and swollen tonsil for a month. and my sound change. Red eyes for 2 days and foamy saliva 3, little swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin. 4, Very mild Flu around 3 week . a cold and discomfort feeling from chest and stomac 5,itchy Rash came in my whole body. coming and disappearing in 30 minutes 6, Neck stiffness and pain 7, 1 week there was diarrhea 8, swollen left upper eyelid one day 9, musle vibration in whole body 10, Digestion problem 11, black bloody spot in lips for one day 12, head presure 13 fatigue 14,Ear whisiling I took Augmentin 625 for 5 days. I am fearing to go a hopital here. I told her that you have some problem. So you should take a test. she went to a doctor and done General check up . and she told she is ok.she dont have any problem . I think she did not take Hiv test. Now I am very upset and worried about HIV. As I am in abroad I cannot take a Hiv test here anonymously. I belive i am infectd with HIV. What I want to do next? can I confirm HIV with these symptoms? If I am infected when I want to start treatment. How long I can hide this from others and family members. Is there any hope for curable medicines in my life time.

Sir! I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker 15 months ago. The lady sucked my penis for about five minutes. 3 days later we again met and fully open mouth kissed. I swallowed a lot of saliva from her. I don t know her status , but she was a kind of lady that she was ready to have sex with people any time. Three months after the exposure I tested for hiv antibody, it showed negative result. But slight fever after 15 days, night sweats, flakes on the skin surface, neck infection, frequent diarrhoea till now. The whiteness on my tongue is increasing. Sir I have not done expensive modern testing like pcr and western blot test. I did cheapest priced antibody test about 7 times , in the gap of every two months after the first test. But my symptoms continue till now. Is it because antibody formation is taking long time in my case? But all 7 antibody test showed negative and the last time i tested was in 15 months? Please sir ! What can I do now ?

sir, my friend was traveling in city bus which was over crowd as he was standing some one from behind insert some needle kind of thing at his back he came to know after he got down from city bus he has dout in his mind is he infected with HIV HOW CAN HE COME TO KNOW IS THEIR ANY SPOT TEST FOR THAT OR WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR 6 MONTH

Recent questions on  Sexually transmitted disease

hello i have pain after urination, weak urine stream and trouble releasing all urine from bladder. also feel some stillin tubes. slight pain during ejaculation. burning worse at night but starting to be more frequent threw day. had this about 3 weeks with bad burning so i went in after 3 weeks of trying to drink lots of water bc i thought it was a urinary track infection since my wife gets them alot. after 3 weeks wheni took pee test i was tested postitive for clamitia, but my wife who i had unprotected sex with the whole 3 weeks with symtoms came out negative for everythiig and got full paps and swab done, when i returned for 2nd test after meds i could alrdy feel it comeing back, but test came up negative for all stds. whats wrong? its becomeing more difficult to pass urine, more frequent burning the burning is like it pulsates from groin area when it does burn not a steady burn. it can hurt more when flexing that area or moving postions in bed. 26 years old 6 foot 140p ptsd and depression from iraq

before 8 months i had a sexual contact with prostitute girl without condam, and after 15 days i had pain in my panis and headche to till today.but i did HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases of blood test 2 times nothing can be found,so here iam wondering for good suggestion,can you help me?

I had unprotected oral sex with a girl I met at a party 5 days ago. She performed fellatio on me. The very next day I had a slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis. This got much worse the next day and so I sought out a doctor who suggested it was likely a fungal infection of the urethra caused by an infection in the girls mouth. I am booked to have an STD check after two weeks have elapsed just to check if it s something like chlamydia or gonorrhea. The burning sensation is nearly gone after two days of anti fungal medication and I have had no burning while peeling or discharge and my urine is clear. Does the diagnosis sound correct to you? Thanks

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...hi, I have an issue with my penis, during sex it becomes very sensitive, and more so after I ejaculate that I cannot continue which you can understand is rather frustrating. I have not had any sti or stds my wife has had an std before however she is regularly checked and I have been since. Please help as this is causing problems

can you get std or hiv from putting your finger up a vergina for 30 seconds , and the quick on the finger was a bit red from were i bit the finger nail no blood at all. thanks

Hi Doctor, The other night I received a lap dance. I had my underwear on as well as her. There was allot of friction back and forth where my genital area touched hers, but with both our underwear on. I even rubbed her a little bit and then touched...

Hi Doctor, My exposure date - 22nd Dec 2016 - Kissing , touching cheeks , neck of girl of unknown hiv or std s status. - Nude bath in shower and kissing her while bathing and touched her vagina from hand.No Fingering inside. - Sucked and licked...